The LTB Network Forum

Suggest a Topic or Guest! Your suggestion picked? You get a 1000LTBC tip!

Back to Listener Lounge

Jump to bottom
Pages: 12345678

Comments

• Y0C0iNS

Ben Lawsky Charlie Shrem update Bruce Wagner Pirate40 Dooglus and Deb Mark Karpeles Erik Voorhees Satoshi NSA IRS CitiBank Wells Fargo Capital One Chase

0 likes
  • Spengler

A DEBATE

There have been loads of good interviews on the podcasts.

Just for the sake of having something different, however, I would like to hear a debate. There are a lot of people with a great deal of knowledge in this space, but opinions and beliefs will always differ.

It would be fascinating to have people with differing views talk over an interesting subject, (perhaps using the socratic method?). We are used to hearing people present information to us, and sometimes alternative perspectives are offered, but a full on debate would be wonderful!

If others would like a debate, perhaps we could together find a suitable subject and some people who fancy debating? This could be incentivized by offering reward structures and by offering audience interactions such as voting (or even betting on the outcome of the consensus).

Vague ideas:

• Mining vs POS (e.g. "Delegated Proof of Stake" or "Cooperative Proof of Stake"), with Daniel Larimer or Stephen Reed.
    • 51% attacks, with Andreas M. Antonopoulos vs. someone who disagrees!
    • Bitcoin vs. FIAT.
    • Regulation vs. no regulation.

These may be overly common subjects. I think it would be excellent to find something a bit more obscure, yet still important.

1 like
  • shawn_j

@jeffski1 Dang. A lot of great ideas. Most very cerebral. But I think we should remember that everyday, there are more and more newbies hearing this stuff for the first time. May I suggest to also incorporate simpler or more basic topics. These could be short or long segments that are also revisited from time to time as the tech and innovation changes.

Cheers

it would be best if there were a separate show done from a newbie perspective- that is a barrier to adoption, and experienced users dont' really think about it. maybe someone out there can do a "bitcoin newbie" show. for now, the "bitcoin blackboard" series on youtube comes to mind- it has some good info, and it's presented pretty well.

1 like
  • jeffski1

@spengler A DEBATE

There have been loads of good interviews on the podcasts.

Just for the sake of having something different, however, I would like to hear a debate. There are a lot of people with a great deal of knowledge in this space, but opinions and beliefs will always differ.

It would be fascinating to have people with differing views talk over an interesting subject, (perhaps using the socratic method?). We are used to hearing people present information to us, and sometimes alternative perspectives are offered, but a full on debate would be wonderful!

If others would like a debate, perhaps we could together find a suitable subject and some people who fancy debating? This could be incentivized by offering reward structures and by offering audience interactions such as voting (or even betting on the outcome of the consensus).

Vague ideas:

• Mining vs POS (e.g. "Delegated Proof of Stake" or "Cooperative Proof of Stake"), with Daniel Larimer or Stephen Reed.
    • 51% attacks, with Andreas M. Antonopoulos vs. someone who disagrees!
    • Bitcoin vs. FIAT.
    • Regulation vs. no regulation.

These may be overly common subjects. I think it would be excellent to find something a bit more obscure, yet still important.

Oooo...I love the debate idea. I think it would be very interesting hear from some well spoken 'opponents' of bitcoin and crypto. Can you get Warren Buffet???

1 like
  • ltbcoin

Suggestions, but may be tough to get: Investors: Reid Hoffman, Marc Andreesen, Chamath

Patrick Byrne (Overstock CEO): in Amsterdam he said Wall St would have killed Bitcoin 2 years ago in hindsight. So what does he think their play is now?

Ed Moy: former director of US Mint. Others who are influencing or may have influence on Washington.

Anyone working on Blockstream / sidechains: we need more updates from them

A technical chat every 1-2 months is good like the ones with Adam Back and Peter Todd. Other guest suggestions are Wladimir (wumpus), Pieter Wiulle (sorry if misspelled), Jeff Garzik. gmaxwell would be very interesting, and any of the other #bitcoin-wizards

The series you are doing about mining centralization problem is good.

0 likes
  • gersin67

I would like to hear an interview with BTCJam - peer to peer lending

0 likes
  • gersin67

Another one would be an interview with Bryce Weiner

0 likes
  • dharmocracy

I would really like to see a debate between the government appointed top BITCOIN expert, up against Andreas Antonopoulos. Perhaps their top banker could join the debate or even better have a separate show for him.

Could a BTC challenge be offered ... the government do have coins (which they stole) in which to make a winner takes all debate.

My suggestion would e for a weekly challenge to be issued... asking different government departments to come on the show in order to show / prove to the BTC community and the general public that they are competent or qualified to even attempt to impose regulations and licences.

I am sure there are plenty of people in the BTC community that would show these people to be totally incompetent.

0 likes
  • innocenti

i'd love to hear a word of two from the other side.

maybe interview with anti-bitcoin groups (if there's any), or with some folks from Apple (since they pretty much turn their back to bitcoin lately). Or the feds maybe, their internet security experts or something.

Just want to hear something different than all greatness and mightiness of bitcoins. :D

-just my 2 cents

2 likes
  • jordglob

I would like a show on the history of the bitcoin, including following Points.

• When was the 1 wote/CPU concept (as described in the White paper) abandoned? was there a fight against the miningpools when they first appeared?

• Was mining possible inside the first client software versions, if so how/when/why was it removed?

• Does the first versions of the clients still work if downloaded and installed today?

• speculation on how Satoshi would describe the development of bitcoin.

If I know more about this issues I would understand bitcoin much better

Thanks for a great show!

0 likes
Jump to top
Pages: 12345678

Please Login to post a reply to this thread.