The LTB Network Forum

Download LTBN Episodes via Torrent

Back to Listener Lounge

Jump to bottom

Comments

Bitjazz

LTBN now has its own torrent seedbox. Podcast episodes will be available 24/7 via torrent download as soon as they are uploaded to the server. This post will be maintained up-to-date as new episodes are added.

Note: Torrent downloads usually take about 1 to 2 minutes to start. However, once they start, they are EXTREMELY fast.

2 likes
  • deweller

Is there a Mac app that will download these torrent files and sync them to iTunes so I can listen to them on my iPod?

Co-Founder and CTO of Tokenly

1 like
  • Yefet
    0 likes
  • deweller

I use the iTunes RSS feed now. But I would prefer to download via Torrent if I can get them synced to my device automatically.

Co-Founder and CTO of Tokenly

0 likes
  • btcdroid

Is there a Mac app that will download these torrent files and sync them to iTunes so I can listen to them on my iPod?

If you search for "automatic" in iTunes help, you'll find this:

Export files from other apps directly to your iTunes library

When you export the file from the other app, set the destination folder as Home/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Automatically Add to iTunes.

The approach is explained here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/automatically-import-downloaded-music-itunes-mac

Basically, you have your app (Transmission, in this example -- it's good) save the downloaded files into the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder. iTunes will get the files from there and you should be good to go.

0 likes
  • Bitjazz

@deweller Is there a Mac app that will download these torrent files and sync them to iTunes so I can listen to them on my iPod?

Hi! I get this question a lot, so I've done some research on it. Deluge is consistently cited as being one of the best torrent apps for Mac, Windows, and Linux. You can download it here: http://deluge-torrent.org/

Here are some reviews of Deluge:

1 like
  • Bitjazz
    @deweller Is there a Mac app that will download these torrent files and sync them to iTunes so I can listen to them on my iPod?

Hi deweller! I am still troubleshooting some problems with the seedbox so the torrent download is not quite working yet. But I have heard very good things about Deluge bittorrent client on Macs. Please try to install that. I should have the seedbox up for you to try testing it in the next few days.

1 like
  • mdw

Thanks for the tip @bitjazz I'm trying deluge now. I've been using tribbler for a long time, and it works great but has some weird behavior at times.

FWIW @deweller I found it in the cask repo, so if you're using OSX and use homebrew as your package mgr, type (sans dollar signs):

$ brew tap Caskroom/cask
        $ brew install Caskroom/cask/deluge

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." - John Cage

1 like
Jump to top

Please Login to post a reply to this thread.