November 17th update found on https://nxtforum.org/lith-the-nxt-mmo/lyth-development-update-1/ by Damelon:
While you were all busy investing in our game, our developers were not sitting still.
For the last two months, they have been working hard in prototyping our game and I am proud to give you the results of their efforts.
At this stage, the results are not "graphic", as our main concern was actually knowing whether our game could work at a technical level. Rest assured that we are also working in parallel on design, music and content. We will update you on this as soon as we are happy with the results.
So, what has been done so far?
• The server works, key components implemented are encryption, scheduling, player processing, group management and player visibility. • The rabbitmq system is operational and works perfectly.
• The game client now works by using a C# network library to talk to the server. • It connects to the server and talks with it we can see each other. • Tested interop between the game server and a unity physics server and it worked. • Work in progress on the hex / tile structure.
• Alpha fork of NXT (Lyth) 1.3.x up and running. • Initial integration of RabbitMQ api in place ready for integration with GameServer.
As you can see: very, véry basic stuff! But it provides us with the platform on which we can build the rest.
Here's a teaser of things the dev team will be working on next:
- Main menu system
- Player HUD
- Character information
- Player data system
- Player animation system
- Camera system
- Input system
- NPC Dialog system
- Shop system
- Looting system
- Enemy data system
- Enemy AI
- Enemy animation system
- Combat system
- Building system
- Chat system
- Unity network implementation
- Max Server implementation
And again, that's just the machinery that won't be seen.
We'll be giving you more regular updates as development progresses.
Onwards and upwards!"