Weekly Update #14:
Robert Ross is a Counterparty Foundation Community Director and the Director of FoldingCoin Inc. Each week Robert and various guests will bring you the news of what has been going on in the Counterparty communities and also touching base on the other Bitcoin 2.0 communities.
I am happy to announce the ability for paid sponsorship’s. I accept any Counterparty Token that is on CoinMarketCap.com in addition to TOPFOLDER tokens, please click below
Thank you to Chris DeRose and Joshua Unseth for the chit-chat recap of the week. I am looking into finding a permalink so you can simply click here to join the chit chat (an admin setting in the channel needs to change), but in the meantime please tweet @derosetech and he will grant you access.
Please contact me email@example.com with any Counterparty projects you are working on with suggestions to feature them on the show. Or contact me if you would like assistance or advice on how you can create your project on the Counterparty platform. I may not be able to answer your question or help your project, but I will do my best to find the person who can.
If you are an independent artist and would like to hear your song on this show, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange something. Thank you to Cyrus Youngman and the Kingfishers for the audio segways.
All tips, donations, and sponsorship payments from this podcast will be used to better the Counterparty Foundation.
This show is not intended for investment advice.
A new Counterparty Community Update has been released covering many of the recent news that have been covered on the show in the last month in a nice consolidated blog with links to the forum discussions relating to those topics.
- Swarm released a blog on medium that was then covered by Cointelegraph. There was something weird that went on in the following days after this article including false reporting from the original text. Starting with the Swarm article itself:
This blog was originally released as "Meet the Swarm Skeletons". The opening line for this article was: Sometimes people ask, “Is Swarm dead?” Well today I finished cleanin’ out my closet in newly closed Swarm office in Palo Alto. Meet the Swarm skeletons I found inside. The article then talked about some developers leaving the project and also briefly touched base on the discussions that "Techstars" wanted Swarm to be a business. Then ended with a line from Eminem's 'Cleanin' out my closet'
The original blog on Swarm then removed all of the content with the exception of the Eminem quote.
Cointelegraph then fixed their article to properly notate Joel Deitz as the CEO and feature of the article which is now the live article
- Swarm then changed the article again to what you see live now as "The Swarm Social Contract". In this article the following is stated: Today Swarm has released its social contract. It illustrates why Swarm has partnered with Citizen Code to build new infrastructure that implements “Civilization 2.0” As Citizen Code co-founder Noah Thorp elegantly stated, what we are doing today has massive civilizational implications. We believe new Swarms should operate with a constitutional model. It has community ownership, input and transparency by default, rather than a custom add on. Everything is distributed by design. Very often people internal and external thought of Swarm as distributed organization or a startup. There are benefits to these vantage points, but they failed to understand what the Swarm actually is. Swarm is the future of governance. Voluntary governance, built from the bottom up with the consent of the governed.
Tokenly Pockets has received a new update, version 0.1.11. This update features one particular extension that I like called "Fund Development" in which you can send money straight from the wallet to fund various potential extensions that can be added to the wallet upon reaching the funding goal.
FoldingCoin has released a new community update. In this update it is announced that SCOTCOIN will once again be joining the Merged Folding family, distributing 1 million SCOTCOIN over the remaining days in this year. Also FoldingCoin is talking with two new Counterparty based projects about doing promotional distributions via merged folding. Many missed out on the FDCARD, so be sure to join merged folding today. And finally FoldingCoin is working on creating Folding Participation levels for days folded. These participation levels will get you additional rewards in the FoldingCoin community based strictly on the days you have folded, not the amount of power. For more information, please read the entire community update.
The Spells of Genesis crowdsale is now over. The final numbers raised by Spells are 932 Bitcoins among 406 participants with over 13 million BITCRYSTALS being sold, that's an average of over 2 BTC per backer. An email was sent out to all participants from the crowdsale with instructions on how to claim your BITCRYSTALS and other tokens you purchased during the crowdsale. They will not be sent just yet, but you need to fill this form out at the earliest of your convenience. Nice job Everdreamsoft team for a successful campaign.
SOGassets.com has updated their charts for the new Spells of Genesis cards. If you have questions or concerns about the website, please visit the Letstalkbitcoin forums discussing the website (you must at least 1 BITCRYSTALS to enter this forum)
Spells of Genesis has forked the Tokenly Pockets github to make the BitCrystals Box, a similar working wallet with BITCRYSTALS images and features.
- Nick Rathman, owner of IronClad Web Technologies, Co-founder of Tokenly and Chief Architect at Let’s Talk Bitcoin, has released a new Counterparty Token - IRONCLADWEB. This token IRONCLADWEB is a multi-purpose gift certificate token, worth at least $10 in value for services rendered by IronClad Web Technologies. For more information please visit the LetsTalkBitcoin forum thread with complete details.
In the Community
- There is a discussion going on at the Counterpartytalk forums about translating the google chrome wallet into other languages such as Spanish. If you know another language other then English we would love your help in making this happen.
Shout Outs and Sponsorship's
- This weeks shout out goes to long time community member Helene Unland. Helene does a great job at social media, forums, and generally promoting Counterparty projects that she loves. My experience with her as a FoldingCoin community member has been nothing but fantastic, but I always see her tweeting and discussing other projects such as Spells of Genesis, Storj, and Octoparty. Recently I asked Helene to help with a discussion going on about translating Tokenly Pockets to other languages and she gave me some great resources to look into. Thanks as always Helene, I'm glad you are part of the Counterparty movement!