On Todays Show
- Adam, Andreas and Stephanie discuss improvements, trends, advantages and weaknesses as they've experianced them over the last few years. As bitcoin clients go native and adapt to the environments which surround them, are we gaining or losing?
This session was recorded the last week of March so some of the time references to other interviews are a little off.
"I want to be in charge of my finances, and I don't want someone else to be able to pre-empt my financial choices... But I don't want to do the things that a bank does!"
"What we're seeing here is that the various categories of wallets behave differently and incorporate different features based on the platform they're [built] on..."
Andreas M. Antonopoulos
"...Cross compatability [of bitcoin accounts between different wallets] takes a lot of the security concerns off of being able to recover [your wallet] if a given application or service goes down that might have otherwise created your account in a proprietary way..."
Adam B. Levine
- Protip.me Autotipping Browser Wallet
- Kryptokit Browser Wallet
- LTB Companion Browser Counterwallet
- Lighthouse Crowdfunding Wallet
- Mycelium Wallet
- Electrum Wallet
- Bitsquare Exchange Wallet
Subscribe to the LTBn All Podcasts feed or the Let's Talk Bitcoin! show only feed and never miss an episode again.
Sponsors for Episode 208
Credits for Episode 208
Content for todays episode was provided by Stephanie, Andreas and Adam
This episode was edited by Adam Levine
If you're a developer, you might be interested in our Coins-for-Commits program. As the platform goes open source in the coming weeks we'd like as much help as possible and you'll earn 10,000LTBc per commit that is accepted. You can find the github repository here