Ever since the financial system collapsed in 2007, the call for alternatives has grown louder. Bitcoin itself can be seen as such an alternative. Simon Dixon's search for a way to put capitalism on a sounder financial footing began before Bitcoin with a focus on equity crowdfunding. Since then he has built Bank to the Future into an innovative crowdfunding business that takes an aggressive contrarian stance. He has also launched an investment fund focused on cryptocurrencies together with Max Keiser called Bitcoin Capital.
He joined us for a fascinating discussion about the flaws of the banking system, Bitcoin and the search for alternatives.
Topics covered included:
- Why capitalism is built on a broken banking system
- The problems Bitcoin solves
- The flawed ways banks approach blockchain technology
- How Bank to the Future is a contrarian bet on the financial system
- Bitcoin Capital, the fund he started with Max Keiser
- How Bitcoin Capital and BnkToTheFuture work together
Note: Our sponsor Vaultoro is raising an equity crowdfunding round on Bank to the Future. Read about the details and invest here.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Bitcoin Capital Tranche 2
- 'Bank to the Future' Book on Amazon
- Bitcoin Capital on the Keiser Report
- Simon Dixon TEDx Talk
- Money Creation in the Modern Economy
- Naked Capitalism
- Ledger Nano: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EB09 at ledgerwallet.com (valid until 09/30/15)
- Vaultoro: Trade gold to Bitcoin instantly and securely starting at just 1mg at vaultoro.com
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture.