In a long-overdue episode, we finally had the chance to dive into one of the most known but poorly understood cryptocurrency/blockchain project: Ripple. Reviled by many in the Bitcoin space, we put aside any prejudices and sat down for a fascinating conversation with Ripple Labs CTO Stefan Thomas.
We talked about his early days in the Bitcoin space, how Ripple came about, what the Ripple network looks like today and how its consensus protocol works.
Topics covered included:
- Stefan Thomas' early experiences in the Bitcoin space
- How Ripple was created
- The problem Ripple is trying to solve
- How the Ripple consensus algorithm works
- Whether Ripple is decentralized or not
- What the correspondent banking system is and how Ripple wants to disrupt it
- The recent FinCen fine and what it means for Ripple
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Ripple Labs
- Ripple Labs Fined $700,000 by FinCen
- Richard Gendal Brown: The Deep Insight at Ripple's Cores
- Peter Todd Ripple Protocol Consensus Algorithm Review
- Ripple Consensus Protocol Whitepaper
Review us on iTunes and WIN a Free T-Shirt!
Each week we will be giving away an Epicenter Bitcoin t-shirt to one lucky listener! All you need to do is leave us a review on iTunes. Then send us an email at [email protected] with the review text so we can identify you and we’ll draw one winner per week who will get a t-shirt.
- Shapeshift: Buy and sell alt coins instantly at http://ShapeShift.io
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture.