Revolutionary progress doesn't happen without lots of work and in the case of Bitcoin that requires many different startups building technology. Few have contributed to this as much as Silicon Valley based startup accelerator Boost VC, which has been focusing on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency startups since 2013. Focusing exclusively on Bitcoin for an extended time, they've invested in companies such as Blockcypher, Coinprism, Coinjar, Mirror, Snapcard, Zapchain and many others.
Boost VC Founder Adam Draper joined us to discuss running an accelerator, their investment thesis and why they've chosen to add Virtual / Augmented Reality startups to the program.
NOTE: Applications to join the next tribe of Boost startups can be submitted until Wednesday July 1. If you're interested in applying go here: http://bit.ly/1IG49MQ
Topics covered included:
- The qualities they look for in companies (8:50)
- What the overarching Boost VC investement thesis is (14:40)
- His view on the BitLicense rules and how they affect cryptocurrency startups (38:14)
- How regulatory concerns have risen among their startups (41:40)
- Why they chose to add Virtual / Augmented Reality to the program (47:50)
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Boost VC
- Adam Draper: New York's BitLicense Will Hurt Startup Incubators
- William H. Draper III: The Startup Game
- But with bitcoins...
- AB 129 California Cryptocurrency Law
- Ledger Nano: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EB09 at http://ledgerwallet.com (valid until 09/30/15)
- CoinCap: Crypto-currency market cap rankings, charts, and more http://coincap.io/#/
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture.