Started in May 2013, Coinkite has by now almost advanced to senior citizen status in the short-lived Bitcoin startup space. CEO Rodolfo Novak joined us for a discussion about what drove their initial interest in Bitcoin, why they initially focused on providing 'bank-like' services and how they've transitioned to powering the infrastructure of countless Bitcoin startups with their API. We also discussed multi-sig and the business strategy they pursued that allowed them to be profitable and not require venture funding.
Topics covered included:
- How Coinkite started
- Why they have come away from calling themselves a Bitcoin bank
- Why they have been putting so much emphasis on multi-sig
- How they've ended up building an insane amount of features
- The transition of their business model to providing a powerful API for startups
- What the Bitcoin ecosystem in Toronto is like
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Shapeshift: Buy and sell alt coins instantly at http://ShapeShift.io
- Ledger Nano: Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EB09 at http://ledgerwallet.com (valid until 09/30/15)
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture.