Few question that educating people about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies is one of the most important and challenging tasks to achieve mass adoption. And perhaps even fewer disagree that there is no one more gifted at communicating the revolutionary potential of Bitcoin than Andreas M. Antonopoulos. A technologist, entrepreneur, LTB host and author, he has been speaking, writing and educating about Bitcoin for years and become one of the most popular people in the Bitcoin space.
He joined us to talk about his new book, his journey in the Bitcoin space, educating lawmakers about Bitcoin and the exciting future awaiting us.
Topics covered included:
- Why he wrote 'Mastering Bitcoin' and how the reception has been so far
- What he currently spends him time on
- How he introduces new people to Bitcoin
- What NOT to do when telling someone new about Bitcoin
- His experiences speaking in front of the Canadian and Australian Senate
- Why he believes in the community's ability to keep evolving Bitcoin
Links mentioned in this episode:
- University of Nicosia Digital Currency MOOC
- Canada Senate Hearing
- Disrupt Athens Talk
- Personal Website
- Mastering Bitcoin on github
- Mastering Bitcoin on Amazon
- Shapeshift: Buy and sell alt coins instantly at http://ShapeShift.io
- Ledger Nano: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EB09 at http://ledgerwallet.com (valid until 09/30/15)
- Vaultoro: Trade gold to Bitcoin instantly and securely starting at just 1mg at http://vaultoro.com
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture.