When one is busy driving a technological and societal revolution forward, complying with complicated regulatory requirements is rarely a top priority. Yet, the reality is that at this stage the often ambigious and rapidly evolving regulatory landscape can have an outsized impact on the fate of cryptocurrency startups and on the adoption/integration into existing systems.
Epicenter Bitcoin Regulatory Correspondent and founder of COINsult Siân Jones joined us for an update on the state of Bitcoin regulation in a variety of jurisdiction.
- The recent statement by the UK’s treasury on digital currencies
- How the Isle of Man keeps pioneering a cryptocurrency-friendly environment
- The stance of the FATF (Financial Action Task Force) towards Bitcoin
- The insanity of the looming BitLicense rules and difficult-to-predict consequences they may have
Links mentioned in this episode:
- UK HM Treasury: Digital Currencies - Response to the Call for Information
- Isle of Man Introduces Regulation for Bitcoin Businesses
- California Bill Proposes License Requirement for Bitcoin Businesses
- Bitlicense Comment Period Closes
- Buy and sell alt coins instantly with http://ShapeShift.io
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture.