Andrew Miller is a computer science PhD student at the University of Maryland who focuses on cryptocurrency. Having gotten involved in Bitcoin in 2011 and focused on cryptocurrencies early in his research work, he is one of the most prolific researchers in the field.
Our discussion mainly focused on security aspects of Ethereum including their gas model, Proof-of-Work algorithm and plans to switch to Proof-of-Stake.
Topics covered included:
- How he got involved in doing research on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies
- The blossoming of academic interest in the topic
- His work on analyzing Ethereum's gas model
- Potential vulnerabilities of the Gas model
- Ethereum's PoW algorithm
- How Ethereum handles the block size limit
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Andrew's University Website
- Ethereum Analysis: Gas Economics and Proof of Work Overview
- Ethereum Analysis: Gas Economics
- Ledger Journal
- Hawk: Privacy-Preserving Smart Contracts
- Ledger Nano: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER at ledgerwallet.com.
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.