CoinFund is one of the earliest crypto-funds to have taken shape, forming in early 2016. The fund is well known for running an active Community Slack, conducting great podcast interviews with cryptocurrency projects and an emphasis on building network nodes / services.
We are joined by Jake Brukhman, CEO, and Alexander Bulkin, Chief Alchemist, to discuss their latest thoughts on investing in the cryptocurrency space. We cover a wide variety of themes such as their opinions on the “fat protocol hypothesis,” thesis on value capture in the cryptocurrency space, their efforts to build network nodes; and their effort to build an open source token-less technology that allows entrepreneurs to launch their blockchains.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Coinfund's history
- What is a cryptofund?
- Coinfund approach to investing in the cryptocurrency space
- Generalised mining - what it is, and how it offers cryptofunds a competitive advantage
- The ADAPT toolkit - a tokenless toolkit for rapid blockchain innovation
Links mentioned in this episode:
- CoinFund Slack
- CoinFund interviews
- The ADAPT project
- Fat protocols are not an investment thesis
- Generalised mining
- CoinFund Twitter
- Toptal: Simplify your hiring process & access the best blockchain talent – Get a $1,000 credit on your first hire
- DutchX: The open, decentralized trading protocol for ERC20 tokens using the Dutch auction mechanism
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- BCC: 1M4dvWxjL5N9WniNtatKtxW7RcGV73TQTd (http://epicenter.tv/tipbch)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture, Meher Roy & Sunny Aggarwal.