We are joined by Charles Hoskinson, who played an early role in developing Ethereum and BitShares, and is currently the CEO of IOHK. IOHK is an engineering company that undertakes cryptocurrency research, contributes development efforts to the Ethereum Classic ecosystem, and is spearheading the release of Cardano - a third generation blockchain protocol. IOHK has made the news recently after the publication of fundamental research papers on the Proofs of Proof of Work and the Ouroboros PoS algorithm, and its recruitment of highly rated academics.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- IOHK's role in the Ethereum Classic ecosystem, and how Ethereum Classic differs from Cardano
- Cardano as a ""third generation blockchain"" and what this means
- Governance system of Cardano and the challenges behind developing a decentralized governance system
- Ouroboros PoS algorithm - why was it developed and what's special about it
- Ouroboros Genesis: how full nodes can be bootstrapped without requiring checkpoints
- Cardano's bet on K framework for smart contract execution
Links mentioned in this episode:
- IOHK analysis of the Dash governance system
- Ouroboros Genesis intro by Prof Aggelos Kiayias
- Ouroboros technical paper
- Ouroboros Praos technical paper
- Proofs of Proof of Work
- K Framework formal analysis technical paper
- K framework website
- Gnosis X: Build a revolutionary prediction market dApp on Gnosis & win up to $100,000 in GNO tokens
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- BCC: 1M4dvWxjL5N9WniNtatKtxW7RcGV73TQTd (http://epicenter.tv/tipbch)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.