We are joined by Humayun Sheikh and Toby Simpson, founders of the Fetch.ai project. Humayun Sheikh is well known as the first investor in DeepMind, one of the leading AI companies in the world. This ambitious project seeks to create a self-learning blockchain network that fosters economic activity/combinations between off-chain AI agents. The fetch blockchain network will allow an AI agent, such as a delivery robot, to autonomously discover economic partners that would find its services and data valuable. Towards this goal, Fetch.ai claims to have found solutions to designing a useful proof of work system and building a scalable block chain.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Humayun and Toby's background at Deep Mind
- Toby's background in the videogames industry building virtual worlds
- The vision behind the Fetch.ai project
- On solutions to useful PoW, salability and the complexity of the project
- Timelines and what to expect from Fetch
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Fetch.ai white paper
- Fetch.ai video
- Documentary from DeepMind on AlphaGo
- Mike Hearn autonomous agents and Bitcoin talk
- Shapeshift: Buy and sell alt coins instantly and securely without a centralized exchange
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- BCC: 1M4dvWxjL5N9WniNtatKtxW7RcGV73TQTd (http://epicenter.tv/tipbch)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.