For the very first time, all three Epicenter hosts found themselves in the same location. After attending Ethereum's DevCon 3 in Cancun, we were at a Cosmos Retreat and discussed the conference, retreat, state of the Ethereum ecosystem and recent Parity hack.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Recap of Ethereum's DevCon 3 conference
- Current state of Ethereum
- The most interesting new projects at DevCon
- The post-DevCon Cosmos retreat
- The internet of blockchain thesis
- The case for blockchain's having sovereignty
- The massive loss of funds due to Parity's flawed multisig contract
- The pros and cons of an Ethereum hard fork
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Ethereum Developers Conference (Devcon3)
- Cosmos - Internet of Blockchains
- Many Chains One Ecosystem Slides
- Many Chains One Ecosystem - YouTube
- Ethereum Client Bug Freezes User Funds as Fallout Remains Uncertain - CoinDesk
- Parity Multi-Sig Wallets Deployed After 7/30 Issue : ethereum
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.