Enterprise consortium blockchains have gained a lot of interest in recent months. And although we can see many applications for this particular type of network deployment, many questions remain to be answered before these systems can move to production. Issues related to scaling, network deployment, access controls and key management remain open at this point. With its deep roots in the enterprise, Microsoft hopes to have answers to these questions.
Matt Kerner, Partner GM for Blockchains at Azure, joins us to discuss Coco Framework. Coco is an open-source system which promises to enable high scalability and offer confidentiality for enterprise blockchain consortiums. This novel framework leverages Trusted Execution Environments (TEE) to deliver blockchain networks with throughput comparable to database speeds.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Matt's background and role at Azure
- Azure's high-level thesis regarding blockchains
- Coco Framework and how it fits in Microsoft's vision
- The different components of Coco and its architecture
- The role of TEE's in Coco
- How Coco achieves confidential transactions
- Identify management and network governance in Coco
- How Coco fits into other blockchain initiatives at Microsoft
- The framework's roadmap
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Announcing the Coco Framework for enterprise blockchain networks
- Introducing the Coco Framework - YouTube
- Coco Framework Whitepaper
- Shapeshift: Buy and sell alt coins instantly and securely without a centralized exchange - http://epicenter.tv/shapeshift
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.