Bancor is a simple, but hard-to-understand protocol that enables price discovery and liquidity even for assets that aren't actively traded. Co-Founder Eyal Hertzog joined us to explain how the Bancor protocol works and why they think it will play a key role in enabling a massive wave of small, but interconnected user-generated currencies. We dissected the workings of the protocol, its radical implications as well as the takeaways from their record-shattering, but controversial crowdsale.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Eyal's background in early internet startups
- The origin story of Bancor
- Why asset markets suffer from the double coincidence of wants problem
- The benefits of Bancor-based Smart Tokens
- How Bancor and BNT can create a liquidity network
- Why BNT benefits from network effects
- What went well and what didn't go well about the Bancor Crowdsale
- Why Eyal thinks the price floor was a good idea
- Shapeshift: Buy and sell alt coins instantly and securely without a centralized exchange - http://epicenter.tv/shapeshift
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.