Numerai Founder Richard Craib joined us to discuss his radical project to build a hedge fund with network effects. Numerai manages its portfolio by giving its data in encrypted form to data scientists who compete to create the best predictions and get paid with cryptocurrencies. Numerai expects to radically alter the structure of the hedge fund and asset management industry.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How hedge funds work and what trends effect them
- Quantitative trading and the role of AI in investing
- How Numerai uses crowdsourcing and AI to manage its portfolio
- How Numerai lets data scientists build models without knowing the underlying data
- The Function of Numerai's own token Numeraire
- Why Numerai is switching from paying data scientists in Bitcoin to Ethereum
- Numerai's crazy goal of managing all the money in the world
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Numerai Whitepaper
- An AI Hedge Fund Goes Live On Ethereum – Numerai – Medium
- A New Cryptocurrency For Coordinating Artificial Intelligence on Numerai
- Encrypted Data For Efficient Markets
- Building the Numerai Meta Model
- Introducing Numeraire
- Ledger: Industry standard security meets convenience and usability with the Nano S - http://epicenter.tv/ledger
- Shapeshift: Buy and sell alt coins instantly and securely without a centralized exchange - http://epicenter.tv/shapeshift
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.