Our regulatory expert Siân Jones joined us to discuss her work on a regulatory framework for distributed ledger technology (DLT) for Gibraltar. We discuss how the framework differs from other efforts and aims to attract rather than curtail blockchain businesses. We also covered why the rapid changes require the flexibility of a principle-based approach to regulation. Finally, we discussed current trends around ICOs and how they could be impacted by regulation.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How the Gibraltar DLT Regulatory Framework came about
- How Gibraltar's approach differs from others like BitLicense
- Why a principle-based approach is preferable for technology regulation
- Why the framework focuses on custodial services, not decentralized protocols
- The path from proposal to regulation
- Recent trends in how ICOs are conducted
- Why principle-based regulation could improve the ICO market
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Proposals for a DLT Regulatory Framework
- Want To Hold An ICO? CoinList Makes It Easy -- And Legal
- Thoughts on Tokens by Balaji S. Srinivasan
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices - http://jaxx.io
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.