Support the show, consider donating: 1JYiE3xZcEspiEV5bTtu4qaL3Eux48F8Lo (http://bit.ly/2nSmOSK)
For a long time the native asset of the Ripple network XRP was the cryptocurrency with the second biggest market cap. But with much of the supply controlled by Ripple, it remained surrounded by controversy. Still, XRP remains an interesting asset to enable cross-border payments in the future. Miguel Vias recently joined Ripple after a long career on Wall Street to develop XRP as a liquid and widely accepted asset.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How Miguel Vias went from trading precious metals to XRP
- The similarities between precious metals and cryptocurrencies
- The role Ripple sees for XRP
- The connection between XRP and interledger
- Why the FinCEN fine changed Ripple’s course
- XRP’s role in cross-border payments
- How Miguel is trying to create liquid markets for XRP
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Ripple Website
- CME Group Executive Miguel Vias Joins Ripple | Ripple
- Ripple and R3 Team Up with 12 Banks to Trial XRP for Cross-Border Payments | Ripple
- Q4 2016 XRP Markets Report | Ripple
- Welcome | Interledger
- FinCEN Fines Ripple Labs for Bank Secrecy Act Violations
- Ledger: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER - http://ledgerwallet.com
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices - http://jaxx.io
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.