Support the show, consider donating: 1FVQZcbY2pBDMBwHq2ZkNSeLx9F9Dt1ts2 (http://bit.ly/2k3JMFz)
In the last year, blockchain protocols have matured at an exciting pace. Open source projects like Ethereum, the Eris stack and Tendermint are behind much of the experimentation being conducted at leading companies. These protocols would not be where they are today if it wasn't for the hard work of dedicated open source developers.
One of those people is Rick Dudley. An opinionated and passionate developer, Rick is involved in multiple projects. He works as a DevOps at Monax, works closely with Vlad Zamfir on implementing Casper in Ethereum, is a leading member of the Coala organization and is Founder and CEO of the startup Vulcanize. Rick gives us insider insights on Ethereum and on how the project may evolve, in particular, once Casper is implemented and when more robust, strongly typed language VMs are made available to the protocol.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How Rick got involved with blockchain and Ethereum
- His views on the Ethereum's planned transition to Casper
- The risks and benefits of moving to Casper
- The subtle differences between Casper and Tendermint
- The recent break up of the Synereo project
- Greg Meredith's work on Rchain and Rholang, and how that relates to Ethereum
- Potential synergies between Zcash and Ethereum
- Vulcanize and VulcanizeDB
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Time waits for no one (Medium post)
- Method for portability of information between multiple servers patent
- Coalition of Automated Legal Applications
- Epicenter episode with Vlad Zamfir
- Strong and weak typing - Wikipedia
- π-calculus - Wikipedia
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices - http://jaxx.io
- Ledger: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER - http://ledgerwallet.com
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.