Support the show, consider donating: 1PAXxdeG1cmmtjJKgoR4wK6ukrBqh9JhW9 (http://bit.ly/2gSLOdl)
Roger Ver is one of the earliest Bitcoin investors and through his tireless evangelizing of the cryptocurrency became known as 'Bitcoin Jesus'. Roger joined us to discuss Bitcoin's incredible potential to foster liberty. We also discussed how the current stalemate about how to scale Bitcoin is threatening that potential. And, finally, the mining pool operated by his site Bitcoin.com that is supporting the Bitcoin Unlimited client.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How Roger Ver became the first investor in Bitcoin startups
- What the Bitcoin community was like in 2011
- The appeal of Bitcoin for voluntaryists
- Why the scalability stalemate is crippling Bitcoin
- Bitcoin.com's new mining pool and support for Bitcoin Unlimited
- His vision for the future of Bitcoin
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Roger Ver Uncut Video
- Bitcoin Unlimited
- Hashrate Distribution Mining Pools & Clients
- BLOCKTRAIL | Bitcoin API and Block Explorer
- Roger Ver: TIme to End the Block-Size Blockade
- Digital Gold: Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices - http://jaxx.io
- Ledger: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER - http://ledgerwallet.com
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.