As a lead developer of the Apache webserver and founder of the Apache Software Foundation, Brian Behlendorf has played a central role in building internet architecture. Recently, he became Executive Director of the Hyperledger Project that aims to build foundational blockchain technology in an open-source, collaborative way.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Brian's role in the development of the Apache server and Apache Software Foundation
- The flaws in how blockchain software is currently being developed
- Why blockchain needs a foundation to steer the development of its foundational technology
- The key lessons from the Apache Software Foundation that inform Hyperledger's approach
- Hyperledger's membership and organizational structure
- The role of software licenses and why he favors Apache
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Hyperledger Website
- Brian Behlendorf's Wikipedia page
- Brian Behlendorf's Website
- Blockchain Meetup Berlin Hyperledger Talk
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices
- Ledger: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.