String Labs founders Tom Ding and Dominic Williams joined us to discuss their project DFINITY, a next-generation blockchain network. Through leveraging technological advances, DFINITY aims to deliver an infinitely scalable decentralized cloud that will be able to power applications from decentralized search to supply chain applications. We covered DFINITY's approach to scalability, interoperability, consensus as well as their sophisticated approach to governance: The Blockchain Nervous System.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Tom and Dominic ended up founding String Labs
- The DFINITY project and objective of an infinitely scalable decentralized cloud
- How consensus works in DFINITY
- Governance in DFINITY through the Blockchain Nervous System
- Threshold Relay signatures and other new technologies that are part of DFINITY
- The importance and mechanics of public/private blockchain interoperability
- DFINITY's business model
Links mentioned in this episode:
- String Technology
- DFINITY Shanghai Talk
- DFINITY Shanghai Presentation Slides
- Introducing Random Beacons Using Threshold Relay Chains
- Random Beacons in Decentralized Networks
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices
- Ledger: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.