Few things arouse excitment among free market believers and enthusiasts of decentralization as prediction markets do. By allowing people to bet on any range of outcomes they promise more efficient markets and better information. Few people have worked with as much dedication on making the promise of prediction markets a reality as Martin Köppelmann.
After founding the Bitcoin prediction market Fairlay, he turned to Ethereum and started the Ethereum-based prediction market Gnosis. We discussed his views on the DAO heist, differences between Fairlay and Gnosis and their upcoming tokensale.
Topics covered included:
- How the DAO heist happened and what we should learn from it
- The Bitcoin prediction market Fairlay
- From Fairlay to Gnosis: Building a prediction market on Ethereum
- The Gnosis architecture
- Gnosis' planned crowdsale and DAO
- Gnosis business model and what will determine the value of the tokens
- The difference between Gnosis and Augur
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Gnosis Website
- Gnosis Forum
- 7 Reasons to Make a Prediction
- The Big TheDAO Heist FAQ - Part 1
- The Big TheDAO Heist FAQ - Part 2
- EB98 - Robin Hanson: Futarchy and Prediction Markets episode
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices jaxx.io
- Ledger Nano: Smart card security for your Bitcoins - Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER at ledgerwallet.com
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.