Host Tom Shaughnessy talks to Jake Ryan, Founder and general partner of Tradecraft Capital and author of an upcoming book on crypto investing. Jake discusses his prediction for the Age of Autonomy, the challenges of predicting where crypto will go, and more.
FYI: We're looking for long term show sponsors. To be considered as a sponsor this show, contact [email protected]
- Society is at the end of the Age of Information and is headed into what Jake calls the Age of Autonomy.
- Competition drives adoption of new technologies.
- Automation and human intervention, and centralized and decentralized currencies, will likely always need to coexist.
“As we see these technologies converge, we’re going to see orgs & businesses start to build autonomous operations, & businesses that don't have autonomous operations simply won’t be able to compete with those that do bc autonomy is the ultimate competitive advantage.” –Jake Ryan
“Humans do a great job at envisioning the future and they do a really terrible time at timing it. It’s just too complex.”–Jake Ryan
- Jake’s book on crypto investing is set to come out in the first quarter of 2021.
- He moved from app development into angel investing about 5 years ago, which is what led him to crypto.
- Jake calls this the “age of autonomy,” based on theories of short-wave and long-wave economic cycles driven by technological revolutions.
- By autonomy, Jake is referring to automation, artificial intelligence, the internet of things, robotics, and now crypto.
- Jake sees us as being in the mature phase of the Age of Information.
- Jake urges us not to view these changes with judgment, as right or wrong, but simply as fact.
- He sees a future intersection of these various technologies, with blockchain as the glue between them.
- Automation will not drive out humans if we make more complex and decentralized governance systems, but overall, over decades, human intervention will become less and less required.
- The economy needs a currency that will ride the economy through inflation and deflation, and a currency that stores value well over time, and those appear to be mutually exclusive.
- Jake believes we won’t go to full decentralization but that we’ll always have both centralized and decentralized currencies.
- Crypto’s Role in the Age of Autonomy - https://hackernoon.com/cryptos-role-in-the-age-of-autonomization-2bf414ceb5d2
- Chain Reaction Twitter: https://twitter.com/chainpodcast
- Tom Shaughnessy Twitter: https://twitter.com/Shaughnessy119
- Tradecraft Capital website: https://www.tradecraft.capital/
- Jake Ryan’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/TradecraftJake
- Book recommendation: Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital by Carlota Perez
- Technology conference where Jake is a keynote speaker: www.autonomy2040.org
- Jake’s Writing, Medium: @TradecraftJake
- Autonomy 2040 Summit – https://www.autonomy2040.org/
Support The Show
- Visit Delta Exchange For A $10 Welcome Bonus!
- Check out eToro to Create Your Perfect Crypto Portfolio
- To sponsor this top crypto research podcast, email [email protected]
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Tom Shaughnessy owns tokens in ETH, BTC, XTZ, STX, SNX, RUNE, sUSD and HNT. Lets Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product or service.