Crestcat is focused on China due to statistics predictive of major currency devaluation moving forward. Alongside Bitcoin, gold and other precious metals are poised to grow in value. Looking at the US job market, including unemployment rates, Tavi and his team believe we are at the peak of the U.S. business cycle.
“The entire global financial market is addicted to cheap money and monetary and fiscal intervention. There’s no doubt about that. And what we see here today is that higher and higher units of debt are generating less and less growth.” –Tavi Costa
“The reason I don’t mess with other cryptocurrencies is because I just don’t fully understand—I barely understand Bitcoin itself, to be honest, so it’s been hard for me to get my arms around the other ones.” –Tavi Costa
“I believe that modern monetary theory is a total fallacy.” –Tavi Costa
- What was Tavi’s upbringing like and how did he find his way to becoming a global macro analyst & portfolio manager?
- Crestcat is focused on the US business cycle, the China credit bubble, and precious metals.
- There are clear cracks in the US economy that lead Crestcat to be cautious.
- Several metrics indicate that we’re going to see a deceleration in economic growth.
- Countries like China are engaging in monetary experimentation aimed at driving inflation, which lowers debt burdens.
- Over the next ten years, Tavi predicts we will see higher commodity prices.
- Tavi is starting to see a correlation between Bitcoin and gold, partly because both assets are supply-constrained.
- We’re at a peak level of reliance on central banks.
- Bitcoin provides a huge opportunity for investors in terms of asset allocation while the likelihood of fiat currency debasement rises.
- These hypotheses are based on looking at the most overvalued currencies in the world, like in China where there’s unprecedented debt levels, economic slowdown, and signs of inflation.
- China is poised to see a major devaluation of its currency.
- Historically, when emerging markets collapse, gold tends to rise.
- For Tavi to reevaluate these predictions, there would have to be a fulfillment of the George Soros theory of reflexivity where the economy feeds on its own to improve itself.
- The next trends to look for are with the jobs market in the US.
Support The Show
Visit Delta Exchange For A $10 Welcome Bonus!
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Tom Shaughnessy owns tokens in ETH, BTC, XTZ, STX, SNX, RUNE, sUSD and HNT. Lets Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product or service.
Cosmos by From The Dust | https://soundcloud.com/ftdmusic Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/deed.en_US