Host Tom Shaughnessy talks to Omer Ozden and Kevin O’Brien, CEO and Managing Director of Rocktree Capital, respectively. They discuss the China blockchain market versus the US, tech innovation, the move to cashless economies, and more.
- US tech innovation is stifled by regulatory restrictions as compared to China.
- It’s of the utmost importance to be sure you’re legally compliant from the beginning to avoid huge problems later.
- China is at the forefront of a global movement towards cashless economies.
- Rocktree Capital’s biggest presence is in China.
- Presence in China is important for liquidity and capital.
- If New York is the fastest market in the US, China moves even faster.
- Rocktree Capital aims to be a bridge to unite the US and China blockchain markets.
- All Western companies need to have a China strategy.
- The best innovators come from the US but our regulatory systems are prohibitive and are making us lose to China in tech.
- Analysts in the US get very little of their research and analysis from China; maybe only 15% is reliable information.
- Bitcoin is just as important in Asian countries as it is in the US.
- DCP is the legal digital currency of China with P2P settlement, and Omer doesn’t predict it will take long for widespread adoption because China is already a primarily cashless economy.
- Other Asian and African countries will move in the cashless direction over the next few years.
- There will likely be some government investment in blockchain but there will be more private investing.
- What does coronavirus mean for crypto in China?
Support The Show:
ZenLedger is the official tax software of Chain Reaction for crypto investors and accountants. Get a 15% discount when you use code Chain15.
Check out eToro to Create Your Perfect Crypto Portfolio
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Tom Shaughnessy owns tokens in ETH, BTC, XTZ, STX, SNX, RUNE, sUSD and HNT. Lets Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product or service.