Host Tom Shaughnessy talks to Akin Sawyerr a Strategy and Governance Lead for Decred. Akin discusses getting involved with the Decred platform, governance, and community-building.
- Decred is unique for its transparent, token-holder led governance.
- A community mindset of searching for the best solution to a problem increases transparency and decreases contention.
- Decred wants to build incrementally and develop iteratively in order to maintain a strong community and culture.
- Africa is the most expensive area to move money. The free, open-source tech isn’t the issue, but the government network.
- Anyone in Decred’s network can propose, vote on, and debate ideas and feedback.
- There are pitfalls to token-holder governance, which is why Bitcoin doesn’t have it, but Akin sees it as giving the people with economic stake in the network and a stake in governance.
- Decred is working towards being a DAO, and using their cryptocurrency Politeia and technology built for Politeia in new implementations and new use cases.
- Decred is one of the only cryptocurrencies that hasn’t had a major PR scandal or problem arise.
- Decred’s biggest goals looking forward are to launch lightning support and a split-ticketing system.
- Akin believes Decred isn’t in the top 10 coins because it requires a bit of a learning and participation curve to get involved.
- Decred has the highest voter turnout for governance issues of all cryptos.
- Decred has a consistent philosophy about their protocols, down to having a constitution
- Check out eToro to Create Your Perfect Crypto Portfolio
- Delphi Digital's Research
- Visit Delta Exchange For A $10 Welcome Bonus!
To help support the show, please hit the subscribe button on iTunes so we can keep bringing you episodes like these!
To access the insights package of Delphi's leading crypto research, visit DelphiDigital.io on your device and sign up using coupon code CHAINREACTION
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Tom owns tokens in ETH, BTC, XTZ, LEO, DCR and STX.