What is Bitcoin? This question is constantly posed to us at Bitcoin Magazine. The truth is that the answer varies depending on who you ask. With the recent economic shock from the global spread of COVID19, now feels like the right time to revisit it.
In this episode, Dave Hollerith talks with Yassine Elmandjra, crypto analyst at Ark Invest about whether or not Bitcoin does and should correlate to the stock market and global economy more broadly.
Yassine doesn't claim to know what Bitcoin is, but he has a firm grasp of the many things it can be in a realistic future, and more importantly, he has a lot of experience explaining its value to less familiar and more skeptical peers and institutions.
- The downfall of breathing narratives into existence
- Bitcoin bugs and the believers of digital gold
- Why noncorrelated assets are essential for mitigating risk
- How Bitcoin could potentially separate not just money from the state but also property and the state
- How Ark uses the Sovereign Individual thesis
- Who is going to support Bitcoin's development
- The Cash App's connection to Square Crypto
- Underhyped v. overhyped
DISCLAIMER: The following content is for informational purposes only. You should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained in this presentation constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by BTC Media, The Let’s Talk Bitcoin Network, or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments.