In this episode, Dave Hollerith talks with A Boy Named Pseu (Phil Gibson). He is a libertarian writer and podcaster whose journey in understanding Bitcoin is more recent yet rooted by a longterm interest in Austrian economics and agorism.
To test his understanding of what actually happened to Bitcoin in 2019, Pseu recently wrote a Medium post, "Bitcoin Is Dead." In it he argues why Bitcoin's growth stands out as uniquely different from how it has been portrayed by mainstream media outlets such as The Wall Street Journal.
Topics included in the discussion:
- Bitcoin as a major educational growth opportunity
- Bitcoin Is Dead - high-level concepts and real-world examples for newcomers on what happened to Bitcoin in 2019.
- Philosophy of Monetary Value - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Hodling as the primary Bitcoin activity
- Bitcoin Gift Cards Powering A Million Dollar Remittance Industry in Africa
- Mr. Pseu's podcast
- Mr. Pseu's (new) website
Intro and outro music courtesy of Phil Gibson.
DISCLAIMER: The following content is for informational purposes only. You should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained in this presentation constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by BTC Media, The Let’s Talk Bitcoin Network, or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments.